Decatur County is attracting new industries to the county. Parsons Industrial Park, located on highway 641 north, inside Parsons city limits, covers 52 acres. Easy access is provided to Interstate 40 which is 10 miles away. Decaturville Industrial Park is on highway 69/64 south just off highway 100, 15 miles from Interstate 40. Twelve acres are available. Growth of existing industry is a major priority for Decatur County.
TEN good reasons to locate in Decatur County:
1. Decatur County is in a right to work state.
2. Decatur County has no unions.
3. Decatur County has training services available.
4. Decatur County, because of economic conditions, is eligible for a lower interest rate and a higher loan limit for CDBG funding.
5. Decatur County can issue industrial development bonds.
6. Decatur County is eligible for TIIP funds for infrastructure, should certain criteria be met.
7. Decatur County has bank financing and SBA 504 loan program services.
8. Decatur County industry has certain TVA services available free to charge, as well as low interest loans for certain projects.
9. Decatur County is eligible to receive EDA money for locations and expansions.
10. Decatur County is located in the sunbelt of the Southeastern United States offering a mild climate with market accessibility.